Thursday, March 15, 2007

March Madness: Wednesday Retrospective


After my last post I got busy. By the time I got over to the media center it looked a little different. The picture to the left was taken during a down time. When everyone is working it's shoulder to shoulder. I also found out that when TV people get to one of these events, we are jerks! I walk in and the guy sitting kittycorner to me moved my chair and now I don't have one. So I stole the chair next to me. That guy didn't like it, but come to find out that we are ownedd by the same people so we worked that out. The guy that moved my chair was a thorn in my side all day long. Every time I left to do something he moved my chair and it would be taken. So I finally grabbed a chari swung it around and whacked the back of his seat. He felt it and noticed but did nothing. Also he kept backing up into me and I thought I was going to break a rib! Hopefully on Thursday that won't happen.

To be honest I worked hard while I was in the arena, but truthfully it wasn't that had of work. I cut two, one minute pieces of video and three thirty second interviews. The problem was everything happened at once. UNC did not give interviews until 4:30 and that lasted for a half and hour then they practiced at 5:15 till 5:45ish. Of course we have a 6 O'clock show I needed to get sound for and then I need to work on the 7pm show. I got everything done and it looked ok.

The really good part was The Wife got a chance to come over for part of the day. She mostly went shopping and then rested in my hotel room. I got done after 9pm so we went out for dinner and then went back to the hotel. It wasn't that exciting of a night, after we got back to the hotel, I had to do some work on the camera hard drive and clean out my laptop for one and a half games. Still, it's always good to see her.

No comments: