Friday, March 23, 2007

March Madness 2: Game Day


It maybe the New York/New Jersey attitude that I am absorbing, but I'm already a little surly today. I spent most of my day in the hotel room trying to send video to the station. The problem is that the hotel signal is not that strong and people at the station can't wait for me to call and say it's finished so they corrupt the file and I have to resend it and that took most of the afternoon. It's not like I can go any where, the hotel is surrounded by interstate so there is nothing within a 2 mile radium. We get to the arena later than I wanted, had to walk all the way around for our live shot and go through two check points and always have to show our IDs along the way.


Then in between the 6pm live shot lunch and the 7pm shot I see the Georgetown mascot. So obviously I had to have my picture taken with him. It's been the best part of my day. I don't think it's going to get better for me, I tried to get court side for a few minutes, but they are very tight on security. So I'm stuck watching the games from a small monitor. I did also by a hat so I've got that going for me as well.


I'll try to do another post before I leave the arena.

No comments: