Thursday, May 31, 2007
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Sunday, May 27, 2007
12:03 I get home from church, turn on the TV... Is that Jeremy Irons voicing the intro?
12:04 There Oh No there is rain at Indy, but looking at the weather radar there is a window over Terra Haute. There is an inside joke with M T my former sports director (and good friend) that every year there is weather problems they mention Terra Haute. If the weather over Terra Haute is good that means it's on its way to Indy so the saying goes. There's a Window over Terra Haute, and every time I went to Indy I tried to get that phrase in. The best was when I went with DJL and we met a sports guy we knew and it was pouring outside. Sports guy mentions they are going back to Toledo because of the rain. "Well, I heard there was a window over Terra Haute." I thought DJL was going to choke on his sandwich.
12:08 First mention about three women racing
12:16 ABC just asked Micheal Andretti if this is his last race. I hate athletes that will not retire in a timely fashion. Don't retire, come back and say this is my last time and then come back a year later... leave it!
12:18 Second mention about three women into days field.
12:23 Hey did you know there are three women in today's race? They just interviewed Mila Duno, she's hot, smart (4 freaking masters) and I have no idea what she said. I think it may have been Charo.
Sarah Fisher pops up. From past experience I never liked her. She was always stand-offish and not friendly to the media. She left and how, she has done a 180. I've heard she can race, but never had the sponsors backing and that was her down fall. Hopefully she can now do well.
12:25 OK I get it Danica is big. I am not a fan. She has Sarah syndrome, she is a bad interview, very hard to get a solid answer from her. For a woman she is very monotone and puts you to sleep. I think the early part of this year she showed her true colors with the rants and team fights. Team Green is finding out how Diva she is. Everyone is hyping her to win. I'm thinking DNF or 15 at best.
12:40 Who the hell is this clown singing? Stop it! IT sounds like a cat in heat. One note about the race, Tony Kannan seems loose as hell. I"m putting Tony in my top five right now.
12:53 Once again Jeremy Irons... I'll admit, he has an awesome voice. That is not the main reason for an update. Here are my top drivers of the day I'm going with Sam Hornish, Helio Castronevas, Tony Kanaan, Dan Wheldon and Scott Dixon. I know I'm not that bold with these picks, but hey who am I going to pick A.J. Quatro?
1:05 Ladies and Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES! I am geeked and ready for the race... no more Musburger!
Secondary note, why is Patrick Dempsey in the pace car.... Bad news, Helio's car won't start not a good sign, but it's early and he can still get the pole... WHAT A wing problem? Crap... he's done.
1:11 Al Unser Jr is still racing? Why? Your a legend... give it up. Wow I'm bitter today, not a good sign for this post... happy thoughts, happy thoughts.
1:12 We are green!
1:21 First caution of the day. John Andretti lost a mirror, how do you loose a mirror? Your going 220MPH and oops, you lose a mirror. I guess he might have to find some super glue.
1:31 HAVOC!!! We have a pit crew down, we have a pit crew down. Quatro's right rear tire guy got clipped by another car. Now the team is scrambling for a tire guy, I say find this guy.
1:39 Sarah Fisher is having some problems and is next to last. Milka is 27th and Danica is 11th.
1:42 CRASH! We ave lost our first car Roberto Moreno smacked the wall. I have no idea who this guy is. If I was a betting man I lost my first; I thought Quatro would be first to crash. Which brings me to the best Quatro moment. Last Year he was sucking ass all day, when A.J. Foyt tells him "If all your going to do is jack around then get in here." Man! your grandfather called you out!
1:47 Well last time I checked it's a bad thing when your car can not take in gas. Helio could not get gas into his car. He finally got gas in there, but is now in 29th. Then Wheldon and Kannan almost hit in the pits. I"m starting to jinks these guys.
1:50 I can't tell... is Godaddy.com a race sponsor? I need someone to go out and find this for me. If they are, they need some commercials or something... I know maybe a racer maybe a female racer... that would rock! You better get on this Godaddy.com
1:53 Marco Andretti is leading the race. This kid can race I hope he does well, but I didn't pick him so I'm a little mixed. Also this will be the only time Marty Roth can say I am beating Hellio Castroneves.
1:56 You know what this race needs, more lead changes. I mean come on we have had more lead changes in this race than at least 29th other races at their finish... come on guys make it interesting.
11:58 CRASH #2!! It's another shlub John Herb. This was his second 500 and guess what he did in the previous race... you guessed it, crashed.
2:02 Note to Davey Hamilton's crew... righty tighty leftie loosie.
2:13 CRASH #3! Milka Duno is the hottest crash of the day. One lady down, we have two left. I hope they get the post crash interview. I want to see if she actually is Charo
2:19 During the caution and ensuing pit stops, Dan Wheldon jumped 4 spots and is now in first. I can't believe there are this many changes. One interesting sub plot today is the weather. The window over Terra Haute is supposedly closing according to Tony Kanaan's crew, but others think it will hold off till 4.
2:23 12th lead change and a new driver up front and it is Mr Ashly Judd. I will destroy him and be the new Mr Ashley Judd, well if The Wife doesn't mind. Does Utah still have polygamy?
2:28 OK Roger Penske used the old fashion weather check. He sent an airplane out to find it. The race may be in danger and we are 30 laps from making the race official (110). Thigns could get squirrelly out there if everyone is going to try and get to the lead before the rain hits.
2:31 NO NOT SAMMY! Sam Hornish rubbed against Tomas Sheckter. this is not good for my picks. current leading order
- Mr Ashly Judd
- Scott Dixon
- Big Andretti
- Scott Sharp
- Little Andretti
2:34 SCORE! It is official Milka Duno is the new Charo. All I heard was down force and 22nd and that's it
2:40 CRASH #4 John Andretti with his taped on mirror is now out. It was jsut mentioned he was away from the 500 for 13 years. Something tells me that might be a little to long to be away. The Andretti curse is still alive.
2:46 The race is official and your race leader... Jeff Simmons? Yes Jeff Simmons, so far his claim to fame in racing is being the replacement driver after Paul Dana died in a crash.
2:51 I'll rank Team Andretti Green members on how much I prefer them to win:
- Tony Kanaan (deserves it)
- Marco Andretti (could be the futureof Indy)
- Micheal Andretti (Old guy who has never one it)
- Danica Patrick (Personal vendetta)
2:53 CRASH #5 Shlub Phil Giebler just messed this race up, but one good thing did happen. Tony Kanaan is in first place and rain is 10 minutes out.
2:58 Personal dark horse of the race is Ben Stiller I mean Vitor Meira (currently 4th). This guy is Mr #2 in Indy racing, he has never won but has been second numerous times. Look at him... he looks like Ben Stiller and he's a nice guy
3:02 Crap! We have rain and the red flag is out and this sucks, but the good thing is Tony Kanaan would win the race. The radar that I see looks like it will rain for another half hour, so I am going to the driving range. Hopefully I will be back before it is called.
6:15pm The race has restarted, I'm in the middle of cleaning a fish tank and talking to The Wife, so the updates are not happening as fast as I like.
6:16 How good is Team Penske? Sam Hornish had problems and was 19th at one point in time and Helio Castroneves was 25th. Helio is now 5th and Sam 6th.
6:22 How is Jacque Lazier and Darren Manning in the lead? This has become a kind of bizzaro Indy 500
6:26 Rain, rain go away. They are saying 15 minutes till the rain hits... Stupid Midwestern weather
FYI it's now Tony Kanaan and Sam Hornish 1 and 2.
6:28 CRASH #6 It's Richie Rich Marty Roth, he is a shlub, but a rich one. He sponsors his own team and only can afford the Indy 500. I wish I had that much money to throw away.
6:33 Stupid Marty Roth, you cost us at least 10 laps. If it rains and we are 20 laps or more over I'm coming to your house buddy.
6:36 Pit stop time, probably for the last time in the race and lets see who is in the top 5
- Mr. Ashley Judd
- Scott Dixon
- Ryan Brisco County Jr
- Scott Sharp
- Tony Kanaan
6:37 CRASH #7 A Restart accident involving Tony Kanaan. I beating he is done, he can't win he is now in 17th place, all thanks to Buddy Lazier.
6:43 current standing of my top 5:
2. Scott Dixon
6. Sam Hornish
9. Helio Castroneves
12. Dan Wheldon
17. Tony Kanaan
6:45 CRASH #8 UPSIDE DOWN MARCO ANDRETTI! Wow that was cool, he also took out Buddy Rice. The curse rears it's ugly head and another year with out an Andretti win. Dan Wheldon also seemed to get tapped and is in the pits getting repairs. Marco seems to be to be a little dazed and is asking the crash crew, "which way did he go George, which way did he go."
6:50 They just showed the camera from Marco's car, that was a sweet crash
6:51 It's raining and they are talking to Ashley Judd, who needs not to talk. Just be pretty.
Your winner of the 91st Indianapolis 500 is Mr Ashley Judd Dario "the gentleman" Franchitti
Here is the top 10:
- Mr Ashley Judd
- Scott Dixon
- Ryan Brisco County Jr
- Schott Sharp
- Sam Hornish
- Davey "Righty Tighty" Hamilton
- Danica Patrick
- Helio Castroneves
- Tomas Sheckter
- Dan Wheldon
Friday, May 25, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
I find out on the way back I have to shoot fresh gas video. I ask "So where is the closest refinery?" I hate blanket statements like this. Shoot me weather, go shoot the wind, find me people doing stuff. Some times the desk does not think what they are actually saying. One thing you can't shoot the wind. You can shoot the effects of wind and what the hell is "fresh" gas video. I know they mean new video of people filling up, why won't they just say that.
So what was I to expect with this years dramatic end. I got a lot more than I had expected. One thought that kept popping up was that Jack was going to "Turn Heel" and join Ben ala WWE. With the "flashbacks" of Jack I started to wonder if it was true. With these "flashbacks" I started to get a feeling that something was wrong, I don't know what it is, but something did not jive with Jack's past, I kept wondering if this was a flash forward.
This episode had many great twist that actually forced me to get a chair and put it right in front of the TV. I could not get close enough. The tension was high, you thought that Sayid, Benard and Jin would kill everyone, but no The Others win again. You thought that Ben's order to kill the three was real. I seriously was about to stop watching if they killed two of the main characters, fortunately Tom does not listen to orders and Hurley saved the day. I was shocked to see Jack throw the smack down on Ben. I loved the walkie talkie chat with Tom. "I'm going to get everyone off this island, and then I'm going to come and kill you." YOU GO BAD ASS JACK!
The two biggest moments that do not involve questions were the death of Charlie and Jack storyline. I know a lot of people were getting tired of Charlie, but I still thought he had some great moments left in him. I loved his banter with the two bubble girls, it was a as if he was mocking them because he knew he was going to die. That made me thing, how many shows can kill off major cast members at the rate Lost has, lets go through the big list: Boone, Shannon, Mr Ecko, Anna Lucia and Charlie. In three years that's an average of 1.5 characters a year and you still have a huge cast left. The other big moment was in the Jack story, who was he calling to set up a meeting with. Of course, a lot of people were shocked that it was Kate. Jack basically, could not handle life off the island and went slightly nuts. The big thing now is that the story can evolve off the island. The Chief and were talking about how hard it will be to keep the show going for three more years on the island. Well now we can explore off the island now.
The three big questions from the close of season three will be; is Naomi's ship good or bad. Was Ben actually telling the truth and that Naomi's people will not let everyone off the island or was it another one of his tricks. What the hell is up with Locke? That's all I need to really say because Where the hell did Walt come from? Is he "a special boy" and can appear out of nowhere or has it to do with Jacob. Will Penny ever find Desmond? With those questions gnawing at me for the remainder of the summer, here are the quick points divided into two parts, questions that I need answers for and my usual jackassery.
- Who the hell died in the flash forwards? I'm wondering if it was Juliet. I had a feeling it was, but I don't know. It can't be Hurley the casket was too small (more on that later), maybe Sawyer and I think that would be it. Maybe Locke, but I don't think he will ever leave the Island.
- Did Kate marry Sawyer? She mention he is going to wonder where I am.
- Did anyone else catch this. During the confrontation with the Chief of Medicine Jack mentioned that his father was upstairs. Also tried to forge a prescription in his name. Is he alive?
- What is going to happen to The Others? They have yet to lose and they are about to be found out to the world, are they going to fight off the incoming people?
- Could they have found a better beard for Jack? That had to be the second worst beard on the show behind the one Tom was forced to wear.
- I noticed some really bad TV stuff through out the show that did not involve beards. Did anyone else notice that the shot of the radio toward looked like ass? I mean it was grainy and was lifted from a bad episode of Gilligan's Island.
- Also I thought they did a bad job on Walt's voice to make it sound higher. The trick camera shooting made in seem talk, but the truth is he is probably 6 feet tall now any ways.
- Note to self: Do not go around Locke while he has a knife.
- I so want an iSatellite phone.
- I felt bad for Hurley. Everyone was cracking on his weight for the last two shows and making him feel like a loser and an out cast. What does he do, finds the Mystery Machine and runs down a couple of Others and wins the day.
- "Wow didn't see that coming" winner was Ben telling Alex that Rouseau was her mom. FINALLY that is over with. Now lets get to Rouseau flash back and be done with the crazy French Lady.
- Carol Vessy (Jack's wife) was prego... that has to suck for Jack. Also it's been a while, you might want to update your contact info Jack.
- Jack likes Nirvana.
- So let me get this straight. Your airplane crashes on a weird island and you have to deal with a group of hostile natives and all the airline gives you is a "golden ticket" to fly for free when ever you want? I don't think White Star Lines gave surviving members of the Titanic free cruise tickets after they made it to shore.
- I think more people died on this two hour show (at least 11) than Jack Bauer killed all season on 24.
So now I have to sit and wait for a few months till the season three DVD comes out so I can go back and figure out what I missed. I hate TV.
Friday, May 18, 2007
Bill Bergen played from 1901-11 for Reds and Dodgers. 974 games .170 BA, 2HR, 193 RBI
The worst hitter to play regularly in the ML, his .170 career BA is 42 points below any other batter with 2500 or more at-bats. His .139 in 1909 is the lowest mark ever for a batting title qualifier. In the lineup for his arm, his 202 assists the same year are the ninth best by a catcher; that July, he set a 20th century record for throwing out seven would be basestealers.
I think I found the Babe Ruth of my Hall.
Thursday, May 17, 2007
The one big problem with this season seems to be the creation of new questions without giving hints to answers that are already on the table. Tonight was yet another reminder of how this season has not be that good. I'm almost to the point I do not want to know who the two women are in the hatch. Does it really matter? I don't think we will get our answers this season any ways. I know the two hour season finale will probably be great and will have a huge twist (I'm banking that Jake is going to turn on everyone WWE style... well he won't be using a chair on some one's dome, but you get the point. Speaking of points... ON TO THE QUICK ONES!
- Well Rose and Bernard are not dead. According to Lostedia this is the first time they have been in an episode this season. Come on Lost writers, throw Rose and Bernard a bone.
- Jake has turned into kind of a jerk since his return. He's pissed about something and wants revenge or at least something... maybe he misses the cheese sandwiches.
- Rousseau blowing stuff up... priceless. You have to love crazy French ladies that had their babies stolen.
- What the hell was up with "The Looking Glass" station. Why are there two random women there and what the hell are they going to do to Charlie. The previews show they slap him around a bit, but who knows.
- Finally Sayid pulls out the maps he found with papa Ben (Roger from the love bug van).
- The previous point made me think, why is everyone starting to hide things from each other: maps, secret plots about an attack, Rousseau is getting dynamite, charlie is going to die, English broads falling from helicopters, low sperm count... it's just insane people. Secrets only cause problems. I think the island is in need of some Dr. Phil.
That's all I got tonight, I want to write more, but everything I think of is pretty weak. I just hope the two hours next week is a lot better than tonight. It better be on par if not better than the Jacob episode.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Jittery Joe Berry played from 1942, 44-46 for Cubs, A's, Indians. 294 innings, 21-22 ERA of 2.45
Jittery Joe was a fidgety right hander with a herky-jerky delivery who spent 18 years in the minors before leading the AL in relief wins (10) and saves (12) as a 39 year old rookie in 1944. The 145 pound Berry was once blown off the mound by a gust of wind.
Sunday, May 13, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007
If that was not enough for one episode you find out that Ben was with Dharma in the beginning and he is the reason why the "hostiles" took over and killed the Dharma folks. With how Ben's father treated him and how he was blamed for his mother's death to go out and kill your dad was insane. I'm waiting for the flashback next season to explain what happened from Ben's first meeting with Richard till the mass killings.
So we learn that Jacob is real and how Ben helped to kill everyone with Dharma, but that was not enough. How about Ben shooting Locke and leaving him for dead. I did see that coming once they showed the shot of Locke standing on the edge of the open mass grave. You knew Ben was not going to let Locke ruin everything that he has build for himself. On the Lost messages boards there is a discussion that Ben is afraid of Locke and that he will become the new leader of the Others. He shot Locke to keep his power and he maybe afraid that since they do not need him any more that he would be the one laying on the pile of dead Dharma members. OK now with the quick points.
- All the Losties now know about Naomi and seem really worried that everyone thinks they are dead.
- Ben had a messed up childhood; He was born early and his mother died 25 mile outside Portland, his father blamed him for her dead, and they are stuck on an island.
- How freaking old is Richard! He is older than Ben and looks either the same age or younger. The new theory is you age less on the island and that Richard was on the black Rock.
- I think Alex is starting to turn on her father more and more. She knew that Ben was going to try and kill Locke so she brought him a gun. Teen rebellion!
- I'm still wondering about Jack and Juliet. I'm waiting for the swerve and I think they are going to turn on the Losties.
- Kate is pregnant. I know I said that last week, but I'm saying it till they tell me otherwise.
- Man I'm glad Jin doesn't know English or he'd be kicking some formerly sterile ass right now.
I think we are going to get an answer to something soon. Do I think it will be an answer to a question that I want? Probably not, but we will learn a small piece of information and that will be enough to hook me for another year. I'm guessing Locke is not going to die. He is too big of a character on the show to kill off. Without Locke the island mystery bit is gone and it's nothing but the Others verses the Losties and who would watch that. Locke will be saved by Jacob or some other force, maybe the black cloud and will keep me guessing all summer.
Wednesday, May 09, 2007
We head that way and upon arriving we see a line out the door. No big deal it is lunch time and Chioptle lines move fast. As we enter we see a manager, "Have you been to Chipotle before." We exclaim that we have and love the place. "We great, you won't need a menu and enjoy your free burrito." DID HE SAY FREE BURRITO? We ask the guy in front of us and it's their grand opening and everything is free. HELL YEAH! I'M GETTING MY BURRITO ON! We get to the front I order my usual burrito, and The Wife gets her burrito bol, that's when my favorite moment happens, well after finding out that the burritos are free. "I'm guessing the Guac is free?" Ask The Wife. "Yes it is, would you like some?" I thought The Wife was going to jump up and down and scream. I'm surprised she didn't ask for a second bowl of nothing but guacamole.
This may sound sad, but I think this will have to go down as one of the greatest 5 moments in my life:
- Getting married (had to say that)
- Getting 25 free burritos for The Network
- Having Coco Crisp interview me as if I was a ball player for the Indians
- Defeating the Deadites.*
- Getting a free burrito
It may be sad that I have two things from Chipotle in my top 5, but it's FREE BURRITOS! On our way our we hear the manager say they will be giving away free burritos from 5-7 tonight. Well there does all the hard work I've done on loosing weight... It's a free burrito, so it's worth it. Also I have a feeling Levy is jumping on a plane to Raleigh right now so I may see him in a few hours.
*May have happened in Bruce Campbell verses The Army of Darkness.
Monday, May 07, 2007
Thursday, May 03, 2007
- When is everyone going to learn, do not tell Kate anything! She will tell Jack and then Juliet will know.
- Is Locke some kind of god like figure for The Others?
- I think Ben set a trap of some sort and let Locke hear the tape and knew he would leak it back to the Losties.
- The scene with Rousso was an awkward funny moment. "Why are you here?" "I need dynamite. Why are you here?" Sawyer yells at Locke and Locke just sits there whittling.
- Why does Rousso need dynamite?
Finally they left the episode on a cliff hanger... as usual, but tonight was different. I wanted more, and that is the first cliff hanger in a while that I wanted more and did not want to wait till next week. The big question is what is Jack's secret, is he part of The Others and wants to trap everyone or does Jack and Juliet know about the attack and are going to try and stop it. I believe the second, the reasoning is with tape Sawyer has, he will come in as Jack and Juliet are informing everyone about the attack and Sawyer strolls up and plays the tape, everything will go to hell and The Others will come in and someone will die.