Before I get into this post, if you are squeamish or don't like things that involve bodily functions then you might want to not read this. I'll give you a hint about this post... look at the picture.
Alright I'm over trying to be secretive most of you already know. When I went down to see some friends last week I was actually down there for a job interview. When it comes to finding a new job in TV the steps are usually the same.
- Send a resume and resume tape
- get a call a month or so later and they get a feel for you
- Go to the interview (If it's far away and they fly you there then you are pretty much one of the lead candidates)
- They check you back ground, including driving record
- take a drug test
- They offer you the job or you get rejected
- Try to get as much money as you can and try to get them to move you
- Leave your old job.
I know this sounds discussting you some how you will get some of the "sample" on your hands and you have to stand there and wait till after you sign the cup before you can wash. It's the most discussting 5 minutes you can have while doing a test. For me this step is the decoding factor if I want a job or not. Do I pee into a cup and get urine on me or do I just say pass. Well I guess I want this job, sorry mom.