Thursday, October 05, 2006

Creating a Monster


As a kid I use to eat cereal every morning, sometimes I would even eat a bowl before I'd go to bed. I continued doing this through college. When I finally started work in Toledo I started to eat less cereal. One I was poor and could not afford cereal, two I found out that living on my own I could not use a gallon of milk before the expiration date. At the same time I learned that a half a gallon was not enough so I'd have cereal and no milk. So for the next 6 years eating breakfast was not tops on my list. Then The Wife thought it was a good idea for me to eat breakfast so I would not get as hungry at work and not want to snack. Well I now eat a bowl every morning and for a while every night. I'm actually wanting a bowl right now. I've been known to go to eat a box in a week. I seriously need a support group to help my cravings. I think if I went cold turkey I'd be found on the floor in the fetal position craving some Honey Bunches of Oats, Frosted Flakes, or Mr T. Then a few months later I'll be on a street corner with a sign that reads "Will work for Cereal"

1 comment:

Schattenjager said...

Hahah, I know exactly how you felt. I can't drink the whole gallon before it goes bad but half won't get me through to the next shopping trip. When I was a lil kid I had a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerioes every night before bed.