Monday, January 15, 2007

Dr Marting Luther King Jr Day: I have a dream


While driving to work I was attempting to find something on the radio that did not suck, for in Raleigh that's what radio does... suck. As I scan I landed on Dr King's "I have a dream speech." As I was driving I realized this speech still has power today. Then I realized this speech was given almost 44 years ago. Did you catch that? A speech given 44 years ago made me stop, listen, and contemplate the world around me. Dr King was a great orator that was cut down in his prime. I wondered if he had not died would we live in a different world today? I would like to think so, but I'm afraid that this country has not improved in race relations a much as people think. We are closer than we were back in 1964, but it could and should be better,

No comments: