Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Car Hates North Carolina

For the last two weeks I started to notice every time I turn my steering wheel to the left I would hear a little grinding and over time it kept getting worse. Since we are going to be making the usual three Ohio City tour (Ironton, Columbus, Dayton) I thought it would be a good idea to make sure you know a wheel won't fall off and we go over the side of one of the mountains in West Virginia.

I was hoping for just the alignment to be off, but of course not it had to be something else. I get a call at 8:30 this morning, I stagger to find my cell phone and find out that it is the wheel bearing and it is completely worn out. What the hell! Since we have been in North Carolina I have had to replace my breaks, spark plugs (twice) and now the driver side wheel bearings. There could be another thing. They thought the axle was OK, but they would have to check it out. Great an axle replacement! Well if the axle is fine we will only have to pay a little less than $300. I just have to be thankful that we have a credit card that we keep fairly empty. A year ago I would never have been able to do any of the repairs without going into horrible horrible debt and owing a lot more than we do now. I just hope this is the end of repairs for the year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let me know when you'll be in C'Bus!