Thursday, February 28, 2008

Down in the Back

It's been a few since I last posted, it's not because I haven't wanted to, more like I couldn't take the sere pain. On Sunday I was helping out at my church and I reached down to pick something and I felt a pop in my lower back. Thought nothing of it, I've had this happen before. I continue on my way acting all nimbly bimbly till I get a call from work and I'm on call (yet I work on Sundays). I grab my gear and go to work.

After my first assignment the back feels... not so good. I go the second story and everything feels bad. By the time I start heading to Durham I'm in so much pain I'm starting to see stars. I finally call the desk and tell them I can only get one, I need to not drive any more. The middle managers find out that I am in so much pain and they want me to go to the urgent care.


Come to find out I have an acute sprain of the back. This sucks, I can't sit for more than 5 minutes and I can't lift anything over 10 pounds. I can't even sit to edit, that's how bad it is. By Monday I will have missed 3.5 days of work. I just want this to heal, I can't even enjoy my days off. I can't golf, walk, or anything that involves movement. I can't even write more and I need to get back to the ice pack and the comfy chair.

No comments: