Monday, January 05, 2009

Bad and Good Day

I woke up today feeling pretty good, then 20 minutes later I was rushing The Wife to the doctor. She started bleeding and all of the sudden large blood clots started to come along. She was fearing a miscarriage and I went into freaked out control mode, everything was slowing down, but inside I was freaking out. I calmly get her ready as I got dressed.

I flew down the highway towards Raleigh as The Wife makes an appointment. We are fearing the worst and I have never prayed so much in my life. I finally got to the point where I was ready to be a father.


Then I started to think about the last 30 days and I don't think I could handle any more bad news. I was feeling like Job and I don't think I could handle much more.


We get back to the ultrasound room and the doctor starts doing her thing and she is showing us the water sack... we can't see anything and The Wife starts to cry. She starts moving around in there and the next thing you see is this little blip on the screen. She makes it larger and we are still having a baby. We even saw the heart beat. We both cried with joy and relief. You can see The Baby in the picture and we are so excited.


There is one problem though, The Wife is now high risk for a miscarriage and has to take it easy. For the next three days she has to have her feet above her heart and can't do anything. I'm not even allowing her to get up to change the DVD. We have three more weeks until we hit the second trimester and even then things could go wrong. Hey, it wouldn't be us if it was easy. I'll take the hard way as long as the baby is fine.

3 comments:

Shawn Replogle said...

The ultrasound picture is so awesome!! We are so happy things are ok and we are here if you ever need anything. We are keeping both of you and Baby Baker in our prayers.

J Dog said...

Thanks guys

Anonymous said...

You are all in my prayers as well.