Saturday, January 31, 2009

Channelling My Inner Wink

With my prospects work looking rather slim, I've come to the point where I'll try for just about anything. I've actually applied to be a dog groom, I'm a week or two from apply to a carny post on craigslist.

Not all post on craigslist are as bad as the recent carny find. I saw a post asking for a trivia host. If you do not know what this is; it's basically a game show in a bar, the contestant are the patrons. I'd be the one asking questions, keeping track of the score and making sure everyone is having fun. I'd get $40 a night plus $20 in food and drink.

Everyone who I've talked to about this keeps telling me that I would be great at this. Of course, I will have to do a guest host/try out and I am scared to death about it. I know it's only a $40 gig, but we need every cent and I kind of really want this to work. I'd get to ask a fool in front of people and get paid. Then there's that little bit of me that thinks maybe someone will see me and I can be the next host of Tic Tac Dough or Card Sharks. I know that will never happen, but a little bit of me can hope for something like that.

No comments: