Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Strange Holidays: National Nothing Day

Every year for Christmas my mother buys me a calender, for the longest time it was a Farside daily calender, but this year she bought me a Simpsons mini calender. Not only is it cool for being a Simpsons calender, it has birthdays of strange celebrities plus strange holidays. Some are from other countries, then there are my favorite ones, National Pie Day, International Hot and Spicy Food Day, Talk Like a Pirate Day. I'm going to try and post about each of these holidays on the day they occur.

NATIONAL NOTHING DAY January 16th

This is a whole day is devoted to doing, well nothing. Back in 1973 newspaperman Harold Pullman Coffin created a day "to provide Americans with one national day when they can just sit without celebrating, observing, or honoring anything."

This is why I am posting this a day early, I am going to try and do nothing on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

i love this..national nothing day.i wish i had known about it last week! is this equivalent to T's "no tolerance friday's?" lol